- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jul 15 2022
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Jul 15 2022
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
FREE Virtual STEAM Stew V Summer Camp: Crystal Crazy
Monday, July 11 through Friday, July 15, 2022, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm via Zoom
This unique middle school camp will expose attendees to various aspects of the title theme, using a mixture of interactive lectures and hands-on activities. This camp will explore x-ray crystallography, edible crystals, Geodes, piezoelectric crystals, art with crystals, human crystals, gemstones, and more!
- to gain an understanding of what crystals are, how they are studied, and their importance in various aspects of our daily lives
- to enjoy hands-on experiences with crystals in art, as food, and used as technology tools
- to collect data and evaluate it with critical thinking
- to gain insight into careers involving crystals
MSU by Tuesday, July 5, 2022, at 11:59 PM
Parent and Participant Handbook for Virtual Youth Programs
Please read our parent and participant handbook for virtual youth programs for information on policies, procedures, and before- and after-hours contact information.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services, and activities.
Important Dates for Consideration
- Please register now through Tuesday, July 5 at 11:59 pm EDT
- Acceptance emails will be sent by Wednesday, July 6 at noon
- Every student and parent/guardian must attend the pre-camp orientation session via Zoom on Thursday, July 7 at 7:00 pm via Zoom
- Camp Dates: Monday, July 11 through Friday, July 15, 2022, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm via Zoom with breaks each morning.
- REGISTER NOW!
Attention students: MSU St. Andrews participates in the Great Lakes Bay Region STEM Passport Program.
The camp is conducted by the Midland Section of the American Chemical Society, Michigan State University, and MSU St. Andrews, with funding support from the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation, the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation, the Charles J. Strosacker Foundation, the Dow Chemical Company Foundation, the Nexteer Steering the Future Fund and Hemlock Semi Conductor, LLC.