- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 03 2022
- Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Aug 03 2022
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
FREE In-Person STEAM Stew V Summer Camp: H2 Whoa!
Monday, August 1 through Friday, August 5, 2022, at MSU St. Andrews, Midland, Michigan.
Monday, August 1 – 9:00 am-noon
Tuesday, August 2 – 9:00 am-noon
Wednesday, August 3 – 9:00 am – 1:00 pm*
Thursday, August 4 – 9:00 am-noon
Friday, August 5 – 8:00 am – 1:00 pm*
*These extended timeframes are due to special activities. Friday, August 5 will be a Bay Sail excursion sponsored by the MiSTEM Network.
This unique middle school camp will expose attendees to various aspects of the title theme, using a mixture of interactive lectures and hands-on activities. This camp will explore water properties and analysis, microplastic pollution, hydrology, and the prediction of floods, water-based art hydroponics, sensor coding, and boat building,
- to understand the properties of water and how they relate to its utility in art and science
- to appreciate the importance and characterization of clean water and how we can conserve it
- to appreciate the ways we use water and how to optimize our interactions with it
- to gain experience with coding, successful data acquisition, and data analysis
- to gain insight into related careers
Register by Tuesday, July 19, 2022, at 11:59 PM
Parent and Participant Handbook for Virtual Youth Programs
Please read our parent and participant handbook for virtual youth programs for information on policies, procedures, and before- and after-hours contact information.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services, and activities.
Important Dates for Consideration
- Please register now through Tuesday, July 19 at 11:59 pm EDT
- Acceptance emails will be sent by Friday, July 22
- Every student and parent/guardian must attend the pre-camp orientation session via Zoom on Tuesday, July 26 at 7:00 pm via Zoom
- Camp Dates: Monday, August 1 through Friday, August 5, 2022.
- REGISTER NOW!
Attention students: MSU St. Andrews participates in the Great Lakes Bay Region STEM Passport Program.
The camp is conducted by the Midland Section of the American Chemical Society, Michigan State University, and MSU St. Andrews, with funding support from the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation, the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation, the Charles J. Strosacker Foundation, the Dow Chemical Company Foundation, the Nexteer Steering the Future Fund and Hemlock Semi Conductor, LLC and MiSTEM Network.